Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Base










What I draw today will be recognized as shape
I spoke to the base, and the base says we wait
So I smoke an old cigar while the giant sun fades
I spoke to the base and the base says we wait
The base says we’re safe









Now and then I can see the truth above the lies
Now and then I feel you’re truly anesthetized
that’s why…








When I walk today it’s in silence and in rain
Can a man turn the page while he’s trying to amaze
(It ain’t nothin)
So I hold my arms apart; I don’t deny you anything
I spoke to the base. And the base says we’re Flynn.
The base says we win










Now and then I can see the truth above the lies
Now and then oh I feel those beauties this life belies
They’re like street lights they tunnel on and on
Into these deep nights where the heights of alarm are so steep









So steep

I count the falling the sounds
None of these voices turn me around
Above these steeps I can fly
As lightning cycles over a pious night
I count the falling sounds
And I will not be staying long







Now and then I can see the truth above the lies
Now and then I can see those beauties that shun my eyes.
That’s right

Paul Banks

No comments: