Friday, October 14, 2011

Are Friends Electric?




It's cold outside
And the paint's peeling off of my walls
There's a man outside
In a long coat, grey hat, smoking a cigarette

Now the light fades out
And I wonder what I'm doing in a room like this
There's a knock on the door
And just for a second I thought I remembered you







So now I'm alone
Now I can think for myself
About little deals
And issues
And things that I don't understand
Like a white lie at night
Or a sly touch at times
I don't think it meant anything to you


So I open the door
It's the friend that I left in the hallway
Oh, please sit down
A candle lit the shadow on a wall near the bed




 


You know I have to ask
But are friends electric?
Mine's broke down
And now I've got no one to love

So I found your reasons
For the phone calls and smiles
And it hurts
And I'm lonely
And I should never have tried
And I missed you tonight
It must be time to leave
You see it means everything to me

The Dead Weather

No comments: