Monday, May 5, 2014

The Door In The Wall






Does it finish, does it end?
does it ever end what are the chances of it?
what you wished for, coveted pitchfork stuck through the heart of it
if you stretch, can you see, can you ever see round dusty corner is it
even thinking, monitors blinking, stuck through the heart
through the heart






I see you smiling, I see you turning your face to the wall
It's not that I think you're wrong, I just can't keep my eyes on that door
anymore





I've seen you crying, I've see you holding your head by the wall
It's not that I don't sympathize, I just can't wait by the door
anymore






Does it have many stops, are we nearly there?
watching the houses and the woman waving hesitate fading, still is the heart







and in the evening when all the shadows are long by the wall
I will take your hand in my hand and we'll walk through the door
through the door







and all the voices we heard rising up from the lawn
will gather as one company and we'll not wait anymore
anymore






and in the evening we know the shadows are long by the wall
I will take your hand in my hand and we'll walk through the door
we'll walk through the door

Grasscut

No comments: