Sunday, April 2, 2017

In My Secret Life





"I saw you this morning, you were moving so fast. 
Can't seem to loosen my grip 
On the past. 
And I miss you so much, there's no one in sight. 
And we're still making love
 In my secret life. 
I smile when I am angry, 
I cheat and I lie,
 I do what I have to do to get by, 
In my secret life.”




“And I'll dance with you in Vienna, 
I'll be wearing a river's disguise. 
The hyacinth wild on my shoulder my mouth on the dew of your thighs. 
And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there and the moss. 
And I'll yield to the flood of your beauty, my cheap violin and my cross.”





“Don't call yourself a secret unless you mean to keep it.”





“-You know how to call me although such a noise now would only confuse the air 
Neither of us can forget the steps we danced the words you stretched to call me out of dust 
Yes I long for you not just as a leaf for weather or vase for hands but with a narrow human longing that makes a man refuse any fields but his own
I wait for you at an unexpected place in your journey like the rusted key or the feather you do not pick up.-..."





“Silence 
And a deeper silence 
When the crickets 
Hesitate”

Leonard Cohen

No comments: