Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I Lost Something in the Hills










every time I shed tears
in the last past years
when I pass through the hills
oh, what images return
oh I yearn
for the roots of the woods
that origin of all my strong and strange moods
I lost something in the hills









I grew up in declivities
others grow up in cities
where first love and soul takes rise
there where times in my life
when I felt mad and deprived
and only the slopes gave me hope
when I pass through the leg high grass I shall die
under the jasmine I shall die
under the elder tree












and I need not prepare for a new coming day
where is it that fills the deepness I feel
You will say I'm not Robin the Hood
But how could I hide from top to foot
that I lost something in the hills
I lost something in the hills
Oh I lost something in the hills









Now I lean on my window sill
and I cry, though it's silly
and I'm dreaming of off and away
oh I know further west these hills exist
marked by apple trees marked by a straight brook
that leads me wherever I want it to
well I lost something in the hills

I lost something in the hills

Sibylle Baier

No comments: